DAAD, the German Academic Exchange Service, in association with AIMS, provides five in-region bursary for a PhD programme in Mathematical Sciences. These scholarship are available to students wishing to commence a PhD programme at a South African University. Funds awarded by the bursary must be used towards covering the costs of tuition fees, living expenses, medical insurance, books, stationery, research literature expenses, study permit and research.
African nationals from Sub Saharan countries (excluding South African nationals), and not older than 36 years of age on the date of nomination may apply. Women are particularly encouraged to submit an application.
Applications for 2014 are now open. An application form for a DAAD scholarship for Postgraduate Studies must be completed. The application form and the following documents must be submitted to the address below:
- Curriculum Vitae (Europass format)
- Recommendation by your head of department
- Copies of all university degree certificates (certified copies only)
- Copies of all university transcripts (certified copies only)
- At least temporary admission letter indicating the fees structure of the required university (original or certified copy only)
- Declaration of acceptance from academic supervisor (original only)
- Detailed and precise description of the research proposal with detailed working plan and time schedule until graduation.
POSTAL ADDRESSThe Administrative Officer DAAD PhD Scholarships 6 Melrose Road Muizenberg 7945 South Africa
Applications must reach AIMS by 30 November. Applications will be pre-selected by AIMS before forwarding a short-list to DAAD in Bonn for final approval.